Textline's Zendesk Support integration will automatically push incoming Textline texts to your Zendesk ticket queue, as well as continuing to house them in your Textline Conversation List.
We also have an app in the Zendesk Support marketplace that gives you access to sidebar and top bar widgets which allow you to send and receive Textline messages from the sidebar within your Zendesk ticket window or on any page by clicking the Textline T logo at the top of your page.
With the Textline integration, conversations will create and update Zendesk Support tickets, and you can use the sidebar to respond. Names and numbers for contacts you are messaging will sync with your existing Zendesk contacts as you converse with them.
Additionally, you can customize certain actions like replying to messages directly in your Zendesk ticket or solving tickets in Zendesk that will also resolve the corresponding conversations in Textline. You can do this by setting up the Send Text, Assign Conversation, and Resolve Conversation triggers.
To add this integration, sign into Textline and head to Settings > Tools & Integrations. Click the Zendesk Support button, enter your Zendesk subdomain, and click connect. This will direct you to Zendesk Support where you will be asked to connect Textline with your Zendesk account (if you're not already logged in, you will need to input your Zendesk credentials first). After you approve the connection, you will be re-directed back to Textline and the integration is set up!
Once connected, you will have a few configuration options:
- Choose to automatically assign tickets to the corresponding Zendesk user when a Textline Conversation is Claimed or Transferred. This requires users in both systems to have the exact same email address.
- Automatically mark a Zendesk ticket as Solved when you Resolve the corresponding Textline Conversation.
- Have the Zendesk ticket set a status of Pending, whenever an agent sends an outbound message in Textline.
- Choose when to create a new ticket:
- By default, when a Textline conversation is re-opened, we will try to update the existing ticket. However, this can only occur if the ticket is not closed. If the ticket is closed (edits cannot be made), Textline will create a new ticket. You can change this behavior though by telling Textline to always create a new ticket when the previous conversation has been resolved for the timing of your choosing.
To install the Textline widgets in Zendesk Support, sign into Zendesk Support and download the Textline app from the Zendesk Marketplace. You may need to reload your Zendesk window once this download is complete. This will automatically turn on the top and side bar widgets.
You should now be able to respond to Textline tickets via the Textline sidebar, which will be visible when you've clicked into an individual Zendesk ticket. You may need to click the Apps button in the top right corner to slide the sidebar out.
Watch the tutorial video on Zendesk Integration here.