1. Download the sample spreadsheet (below) and open it using Excel, Numbers, Google Sheets, or your favorite spreadsheet application.
2. Copy your contacts' information into the spreadsheet, making sure to maintain the correct column headers (Name, Phone, Email, Notes, Tags) that the sample spreadsheet includes. If you have Custom Address Book Fields, make sure the column headers match your field titles exactly and simply add those columns to this spreadsheet. You can include the following information in the spreadsheet:
- Name: First and last name [please note - do not try to separate first and last name into two columns]
- Phone: Mobile phone number
- Email: Email address
- Notes: Notes on the contact
- Tags: Tags [Multiple tags can be added to each contact, separated in the spreadsheet by a space. See more on tags below.]
- Custom Fields: information of your choice, input into the spreadsheet in the format you selected while creating the field in the Address Book
3. Export the spreadsheet as a CSV file
5. Select the Import button and upload the CSV file you created.
Tags are labels that you can assign to contacts to group them internally. Once contacts are tagged, you can send Announcements (mass messages) to everyone with a specific tag. You can add multiple tags to a contact, separating your tags in the spreadsheet with a space.
Watch the tutorial on Using the Address Book here.
Need more help?