If you'd like to text-enable your existing landline to use with Textline, we can almost always make that happen! In text-enablement situations, the voice capabilities will remain with your existing carrier, and our provider will simply host the SMS functionality on the number.
To request usage of landline:
Sign in to your Textline account.
3. Select the Text Enable an Existing Number button.
4. Enter the phone number you'd like to use, as well as your contact information exactly as it appears on your phone bill, then click Request SMS Hosting. This will trigger a phone call to that number and will provide you with a verification code to enter.
5. Answer the call and enter the verification code provided.
6. Don’t navigate away from the screen. When the verification has been registered successfully, you will see a notification.
7. We will then email you a Letter of Authorization to complete immediately following the successful verification. This will be sent to the email address that you have on file for Textline. Please fill out, sign, and submit the LOA. Once it’s been submitted, we’ll start the text-enablement process, which will take up to 3 hours to complete.
8. When your number is ready to use, you'll see the number listed in your Textline account.
9. Fill out Compliance info asap to avoid SMS blocking. This enables the MNOs (Mobile Network Carriers) to verify your business's legitimacy and your permission to text your contacts.