If you find yourself repeatedly answering the same questions from contacts, you can create your own pre-written answer templates - or Shortcuts - to save your team some time.
Then, select who should have access to the Shortcut. You can choose to have your Shortcuts available to:
- Entire account: all Agents in all Departments have access
- Private to me: only you can view, use, and edit
- Specific departments: only Agents with access to the Department can view & use
Click View next to the appropriate party.
Then, select the blue New Shortcut button to create your Shortcut.
- Title: used to name your Shortcut for internal purposes
- Message: the body of your text must be under 320 characters
- Attachments: you may add attachments to your Shortcut
Click Create when you're finished.
You can also edit or delete an existing Shortcut by selecting View next to the assigned party, finding your Shortcut in the list of existing templates, and selecting the Edit icon next to the message you'd like to update.
To choose an existing Shortcut during a Conversation with a contact, select the Shortcuts button in the top right corner of your Conversation Dashboard, then click the Shortcut you’d like to use to enter it in the message box. You can also add a new Shortcut from this view.
NOTE: Clicking a Shortcut will overwrite any text that you already have in the message box, so if you'd like to edit the Shortcut text, remember to do so once it’s in the message box!
Shortcuts title: Location
Shortcuts message: We're located at 1234 Main St, Smallville, CA.
Watch the tutorial video on Adding & Using Shortcuts here.