Congratulations—you set up your Textline account! Now make sure customers know they can text you. One instrumental step is to advertise your Textline number to ensure your customers know where to find you.
Customers want to text you
According to SimilarWeb, half of your customers are browsing your website on their mobile phone rather than their desktop computer. Texting is the most natural thing for them to do when they’re on the go and want to quickly connect. Let them text you from where they are—their cell phone.
Your team will love it
Not only is texting faster when you want to communicate with multiple customers at the same time, but it also helps accomplish your business goals. Customers who can text companies about their products feel more connected to the brand and are more likely to stay engaged.
Whether customers want to text you about a potential purchase or an issue related to your product, you need to make it easy for them. The first step after onboarding your team on Textline is to make your business texting number public. Here’s a checklist of places to post your Textline number to help you get started:
- Your website
- Your social media accounts
- Instagram Text Button: From your business profile, select “Edit Profile.” Choose Contact Options. Add your phone number. Choose the Text option. Save it.
- Twitter and Facebook: Simply add your Textline number to your profile information.
- Google profile: Add your Textline number to your Google profile so that when someone does a quick Google search, they can easily access your text number. Here’s a link with instructions.
- Mobile widget: Add a prompt to text that pops up from your mobile site every time a user goes to your website using their phone. Here are the steps.
- Signatures and email receipts: Let customers know they can text you at any point in the customer journey. Share your texting number on email receipts or signatures, or hyperlink it to make it easier to text. See instructions here.