Textline’s Automations are taking the place of - and expanding upon! - our Auto Response features. They're a more powerful tool to give you increased flexibility with automatic responses and other actions, and will allow you to control elements of your Conversations with things like key words, response timing, and automatic Conversation assignments to Agents on your Textline team.
If you previously had Auto Responses set in Textline, these will automatically transfer over to reflect your previous setup in the new format.
To get to your Automations:
- Select the Bolt icon > Automations
- If you have multiple Textline Departments, choose the Department for which you’ll be creating an Automation
- Select the New Automation button
There are three main elements of Automations: the Automation Type, the Automation Conditions, and the Automation Action.
Determine the event that triggers an automation. For example, you can set an Automation to trigger when a message is received, or when a Conversation is resolved.
Conditions are the rules that define when the Action will occur. They can be set to ensure that Automations only fire if an event meets ALL of the Conditions set, or ANY (at least one) of the conditions set. Conditions can include things like:
- Agents are unavailable
- Message body contains [word or phrase]
- Current time is [within/outside of business hours]
- Conversation was Resolved more than [#] minutes ago
- ...and more!
Actions are the end goal of an Automation, occurring when an Automation Type meets the selected Conditions. Actions can include things like:
- Resolving a Conversation
- Assigning a Conversation to a specific Agent
- Responding to the Contact with a specific message
- Tagging or untagging a Contact
- ...and more!
You can also create your Actions with particular settings:
- Prevent lower priority automations from sending messages: Automations are prioritized in the order they were created. This setting will prevent multiple automated responses from being sent when an event meets the conditions of more than one Automation.
- Suppress Agent notifications and wait time warnings: if you'd like to remove notifications from the equation of a given Automation.