With Textline's Standard plan and above, team members can have particular roles, which each have certain sets of permissions. On the Standard plan, your team members can be set as an Agent or an Admin. On the Pro plan or above, you can also create custom roles to suit your needs.
To view and edit Roles, click the Gear icon > Organization Settings > Team Settings > Roles.
By default, Agents in Textline can:
- Access any Conversation in the Conversation Lists of their assigned Departments
- Transfer Conversations (messages) to other Agents
- Send Whispers (internal notes)
- Add and edit Contact Details
- Send Announcements (mass text messages) from their assigned Departments
- Add contacts to the Address Book - individually or via CSV upload
- Archive and block contacts
- View team metrics
- View previously recorded NPS results
- Create personal Shortcuts
By default, Admins in Textline can do all of the above, plus:
- Edit Organization Settings:
- Control the account's billing information
- Add, edit, and remove Agents
- Enable integrations
- Add and edit Departments
- Customize Address Book fields
- Send NPS surveys
- Add and edit Account or Department-level Shortcuts (message templates)
- Add and edit the business's Auto Responses
On Textline’s Pro plan and above, you can edit the permissions of the Agent or Admin roles by clicking the Manage button next to the role you’d like to update.
You can also create unlimited additional roles with the permissions of your choice by selecting the Add Role button.